MEDIA RELEASE Thursday 30 August 2012
KEECH WINS AUSTRALIA’S BEST REGIONAL PRIVATE BUSINESS AWARD
Bendigo design and manufacturing company Keech Australia has won the prestigious BRW Award for most successful private business in regional Australia.
Announced today in the Business Review Weekly, Keech Australia won the award based on its growth over the past three years and its commitment to investing in regional Australia, explained CEO Herbert Hermens.
“Over the past three years we have been transforming this company from a traditional foundry to a global provider of innovation, services and products – all from our base in Bendigo Victoria,” said Mr Hermens.
“What sets us apart is our commitment to actively invest in this business – and therefore in our regional community. In the area of process efficiency and sustainability alone, we are investing millions of dollars to ensure this business will be sustainable into the future.”
Keech was recognised for its achievements, including:
- Defying the manufacturing downturn by growing its business by 60% over the past three years
- Establishing a new Innovation and Quality Centre in Bendigo to continue to invent and patent its exclusive products
- Pursuing an aggressive strategy of innovation, global growth and investment, including a sales office in Chile
- Investing $10 million in the redevelopment of Keech’s principal foundry and $3 million on a new second foundry.
- Its commitment to becoming a carbon neutral manufacturer
Keech Australia produces high integrity steel castings for both national and international mining, excavating, construction, agricultural, rail transport and defense industries.
Media contact – Carolyn Stanford 0409 132 171 email@example.com