As an Australian-owned business, we’re committed to keeping Australia’s manufacturing sector alive and well – but competition is strong from countries like India and China. To stay competitive, we recently completed a $3 million upgrade of our No. 2 Foundry in Bendigo, Victoria.
What we did
- Completely overhauled all facilities from our moulding equipment to our cooling and shakeout systems.
- Improved our environmental footprint, with more than 90 per cent of sand used in the production process able to be recycled. The state-of-the-art technology automatically separates the sand from each casting, ensuring more sand is able to be recycled.
The mypharmacyexpert results
- A dramatic increase in our output of ground engaging tools, along with agricultural points and tynes and industrial products.
- Improved quality and cost competitiveness.
- Improved our dimensional accuracy, which means higher quality products.
- Reduced energy use through our improved process efficiency. There’s also less wear on the equipment, no airborne silica and less clean up time.